Friday, September 28, 2012

1 - DISASTER PREPAREDNESS -- Personal Transport

28 Sep 2012  


DISASTER Preparedness 
Keep those gas tanks at least HALF-FULL at all times!

1. PROBLEM

This is kind of a tough one, I know -- time, cash-flow, other hassles.
  • Yet, think about it, please. In an area disaster, gas stations can lose electrical power and thus, can't sell you gas -- probably when you most need it -- AND THERE WILL BE LONG, LONG LINES OF AGITATED PEOPLE -- not necessarily on their best behavior.
  • When the bad times hit, you don't want to be trapped for want of fuel. 
  • Also, during those desperate times, people are known to STEAL fuel, so a locking gas cap isn't a bad idea, either.

2. A WAY TO LOOK AT IT:

One way that helps me (for this tip is a hassle in real life) is to THINK of the bottom half of my tank as "MY RESERVE." When I enter that risk-area, that is my alarm bell -- and I remain uncomfortable until I go and top off -- then I think, "Ahhh."


3. THIS IS NOT MY OWN IDEA

It's one of the tips you can find in many disaster preparedness resources (which you also might wish to explore as completely as you can, sooner is best).

If you search this blog, you will find more things to think about, BEFORE the DEFINITELY-COMING bad day scrambles things for you.  I have something in the works that will make all this planning easier for you, but meanwhile ...

You know the old saying: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."



All Original Content © 2012 , The MENTOR Enterprises / ELMS, All Rights Reserved -- BUT, I hereby suspend those rights, to this extent: You may freely copy and pass this along, if you think it will do some good -- as long as it's free of charge, unchanged, and you include this statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment