Saturday, March 30, 2013

LIFE-TOOL ACCUMULATOR: PHILOS & TECH: (an experiment)

Posted:  30 Mar 13



WORDS, WORDSWORDS!
"No better friends, no worse enemies"
(Paraphrasing and pirating the Ancient Roman dictator, 
*Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix's epitaph, referring to himself)

Purpose

To try to gather, in one convenient place, some of the world's artful word-clusters of great power which are among humankind's true "friends" -- and make them more easily accessible and memorable.  Words that tend to reach down deep inside and help us make sense of a world that can seem so senseless, without the aid of those who came before, who saw and felt things we might not otherwise notice -- and who took the time to carve them so we could find them (and would want to do so) -- if we but look for them -- and mine them for all they're worth.

I call this article an "accumulator," for I intend to keep adding to this, until there's no more room.  I'm just getting started.  Stand by.

I hope you will find, as I do, that these words can help us to further organize, rationalize, refine, understand, explain, adopt, and practice effective and sound world views, over the remaining course of life -- to great advantage.


Background

By now, it should be abundantly clear to all that I am among those who love personal philosophy -- the methodical reasoning which governs all we ever consciously do to conduct our lives as best we can, under our unique circumstances -- our personal program for being a good human being. 


I believe the literature presented is self-explanatory and I will only add a few words of my own to help you to take advantage of this form of presentation, below, with which I am experimenting -- as I build the public service systems I'm determined to establish.


About the Presentation Tool



The interface, embedded below, should be pretty intuitive to use, with a little trial and error -- so I'll spare you a lot of unnecessary explanation.

I do think you will find it useful to know that the interface is powered by "TheBrain.Com." 
  • This very easy-to-use tool is basically available for life-time use, free of charge -- for a great many life-organizing tasks, beyond the simple usage here -- and, I strongly suspect you will never regret adopting it.  
  • It's free form is more than adequate for everyday life, but I needed a few extra "bells and whistles" from the paid version -- besides, I wanted to materially show its creators my deepest gratitude -- and plan to do even more.
  • I've been delighted with the free one for years and ecstatic over the paid version, for nearly as long.  There is a brilliant, good-hearted, and ingenious company behind this product.  
  • Do a quick download and see for yourselves.  (the "secret" is now out -- smile)
  • And please, if this helps you as much as I think it will, please let me know.  I'd like that very much.  Any comment box on any bulletin will reach me.


A Few Little Things to Notice

0.  First, take a quick look at the interface, below, then come back here.  The following instructions will make a lot more sense and be even easier to follow.

1.  When you click any word inside a box, any clickable sub-boxes become visible, below that box.

2.  When you click an icon inside the white "notes area" (below the blue water-drop image)  a page will open in your browser for your reading pleasure (or right in the "notes area").

3.  In the row at the very top of the interface:  Click the words there, to get to their location quickly, from anywhere (in case you become lost).

4.  The row at the very bottom of the interface lists every box you've clicked (sort of a running history), so you can quickly re-visit a place.  Notice the little scroll arrows at either end of that bottom row to help you move about, as the list grows.


I hope you will enjoy this little experiment
(I also hope everything runs smoothly for you -- but that's part of the experiment, you see -- I'm still working on it.  Suggestions, in the comment area at the very bottom of the article, would be appreciated)

*If you want an insight into the life and times of this fascinating, frightening man (Sulla) -- and much, much more -- you will enjoy Colleen ("The Thornbirds") McCullough's superb series of seven novels, "The Masters of Rome." I've read them, through-and-through, 10 times and counting.  They're THAT GOOD; so invaluable in understanding our world, with spell-binding time-travel through brutal, noble times (as the Roman Republic becomes an empire, circa 100 to 14 BCE) -- and much more, in my humbly enthusiastic opinion.  You could spend your time far worse than inside McCullough's version of reality -- for she makes a whole lot of life's puzzle-pieces fall together -- and turns many key personages and a pivotal period in world history into familiar territory.  A truly satisfying basis for understanding much that came before and after that time.


David Nelson 

All Original Content © 2013 , The MENTOR Enterprises / ELMS, All Rights Reserved -- BUT, I hereby suspend those rights, to this extent: You may freely copy and pass this along, if you think it will do some good -- as long as it's free of charge, unchanged, and you include this statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment