Friday, August 15, 2014

QUICK CM-NOTE: I KNOW MY BLOG POSTS ARE OFTEN LONG (#4)

Posted:  15 Aug 14
Update #2:  15 Aug / 3:42 pm -- Added some crucial points I needed to make -- throughout
Update #3:  15 Aug /  5:20 pm -- Bulletin completely revamped; (2) Strategic Glimpse added at bottom
Update #4:  15 Aug / 6:30 pm -- Strategic statement expanded and deepened



Dear Readers,

I know my posts are often long, wordy, excessively colorful ones.
I regret that, but it is all SO NECESSARY.



1.  I have to get all that stuff out of my brain, FIRST, before I can convert it into something BETTER.  There has to BE something, before you can REFINE something.  And, you need to be able to see all (or at a least sufficient quantity of) the pieces BEFORE you can place them in the proper places on the "chess-board."  (A chess-board, acres in size, by the way -- and which has to be INVENTED, along with all those precise destinations identified and arranged, ALSO)

2.  I simply HAVE to strive to be precise, efficient, and thorough -- requiring LOTS of words -- numbered paragraphs -- and LOTS of coloration (any advantage I can get) -- system-building DEMANDS it -- at least at my present skill-levels -- else I may as well be marching in a band, somewhere, playing my clarinet.  This helps make them not such monolithic "word walls" for you to deal with, I hope. (This is another reason I'm so liberal in my use of dashes, "--."   Besides, dashes permit me to produce LONG, LONG sentences that convey my complete chain-of-reasoning, better than good grammar always allows (again, at MY skill-level) -- and with a reasonable hope of not confusing my readers, as much)




AND THIS "CIVIC MENTOR" PROJECT HAS TO BE DONE IN PUBLIC
-- OR NOT GET DONE AT ALL 
(I've explained my reasons, in great detail, elsewhere -- and will again, at another time)




And, I'm glad to do all of this in public, 
so future system-builders 
can see how and how not to do things.
Watch and learn from my blunders and my victories.
It's another way I can serve you -- you're going to get my all!
WE MUST SHARE KNOWLEDGE IN
ALL NON-PRIVATE THINGS
for knowledge transfers across life's entire spectrum,
THEREFORE, ALL KNOWLEDGE IS POTENT
AND "CHAIN-REACTIVE!"




3.  Please keep in mind that WHILE these bulletins ARE FIRST TO SERVE YOU, THIS VERY INSTANT, they are ALSO all system-building tools -- leading to production of a sufficiently massive, integrated structure of many of the websites, blogs, forums, social-networks, WIKI's, etc. under development -- and to application of every relevant category in the Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress and United Nations taxonomies (and, in a real sense, they're ALL relevant) -- AND THIS IS GOING TO SERVE YOU EVEN BETTER, LATER (But soon, I'm determined).

4.  Some bulletins are place-holders (for later development ) -- others are almost ready for transfer into their permanent "containers" where they can undergo the next development-phase -- i.e. to develop to their full potential  (I've even created several new blogs from them -- and expect to produce hundreds more)

LONG BEFORE THAT POINT -- but certainly not immediately:   I will pay closer attention to STYLE  -- for easy and fun reading -- IT WILL become a very TOP PRIORITY. (I promise -- and by that time, I'll have started to engage expert help to spread the workload)

5.  So many things to keep in mind on this vast project -- lots of balls to juggle -- hate to drop any.  It's better to capture the information-fragments and put them in play -- even if less than fully developed -- for whatever use they might serve to my fellow humans, right now -- rather than risk their eternal loss, due to the evaporative tendencies of an aging mind.  Polishing will come later when these "web-objects" work their ways into permanent CIVIC MENTOR subsystems.  (This is a fascinating job fate has "laid on me")




6.  MY CURRENT BIG CHALLENGE is to devise the EXACTLY right organization structure --- it MUST be logical -- intuitive -- reasonable -- and be sufficiently sturdy to support all the weight I intend to put into it.  It would be a disaster if the structure proved faulty and threatened to collapse.  (Do it right the first time, DAVID, no matter how long it takes -- for it will take a whole lot longer if it breaks under the enormous pressures expected)

This Civic Mentor project is supposed to make life FAR, FAR easier and surer to manage -- NOT COMPLICATE IT. 
Else, what good is it?

7.  So, the framework must be designed so that the "learning curve" is as TINY as I can make it for my very busy fellow humans.  I want the end-products to be smooth, easy, cool, fun, and IMMENSELY PRACTICAL AND VIRTUALLY SELF-TEACHING.





8.  I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE PROGRESSING, SO FAR -- THE FRAMEWORK IS FINALLY UNFOLDING BEFORE MY EYES.  Once it's stable, work should progress RAPIDLY -- for I will finally be able to AUTOMATE things (making service more consistent) --  followed by a full-blown corporation to fulfill the Civic Mentor Concept and OPTIMIZE its life-cycle (among other things) -- (I'm quite sure, although I am "sailing in uncharted waters," and I've hit "rocks" before -- but, I'm nothing if not an eternal optimist).  

9.  I have a wonderful, huge, powerful, exciting backlog all set to distribute into the structure, the moment I have an orderly, flexible "home" in which to place and nurture them.   Stand by.  I'm getting so close, now, I can "almost taste it."  


I EVEN HAD A COUPLE OF MAJOR BREAK-THROUGHS, THIS VERY DAY!




A STRATEGIC GLIMPSE



I.  PROJECT MISSION STATEMENT

Upon successful completion of the Civic Mentor Project:
any fellow human who wants to participate, will possess

-- greater systematic control over the totality of his or her existence, 
-- and more effective inter-connectedness with fellow humans, 
-- as ONE MIGHTY species of life 
-- as far as these can be humanly-controlled and  
-- a sufficient state of readiness
-- to anticipate, sidestep, or neutralize 
-- those things that can't be controlled, 
-- for the ENTIRETY of their existence, 
-- leaving less room for random, arbitrary chance to play havoc.



2.  CHIEF ASSUMPTIONS

Human beings are basically rational and thus, moral, by nature and, therefore tend to ALWAYS do the very best they can, under the total circumstances confronting and defining them -- as they understand them.  Anyone who is irrational is insane, by definition -- and this discussion can't be directed towards them, with great optimism.

Most seem to know, believe, or sense that the best they can ever do is to survive, in good health, for as long as possible and better themselves as much as they can.

They also intuitively understand that the better off each human becomes, the better off the ENTIRE species MUST become.

Therefore, in doing the VERY BEST for themselves, they MUST do their best to better conditions for as many others as possible -- failure to do so undermines their own best goals -- while tragically robbing them of a transcendent experience -- and those rarities are well worth cherishing in this life.


***********

And because they are rational, if someone can show them a better way 
  • of determining and achieving their very BEST of their life's purposes -- 
  • and efficiently discovering and fulfilling all the good things they are capable of doing -- and might be willing to do to "HUMANKIND'S ETERNAL CHAIN-REACTION OF LIFE" --
  • or can give them a sure way of serving a lot of people with their own success stories, exactly when they most need to hear -- 
  • or at least get a SERIOUS national conversation going, so as to find the ideal CIVIC solution -- 
THEN, these rational souls CAN'T HELP BUT embrace it, increasingly tighter, as it proves itself acceptable and practical to them -- 

AND THEN, THE CIVIC MENTOR will have become A HUMAN INSTITUTION -- if that's how things are supposed to turn out.
for

SERIOUS PURSUIT OF
HUMAN WELL-BEING AND BETTERMENT
IS THE MOST RATIONAL
MOST MORAL THING
WE COULD EVER DO
IN THIS LIFE









Happy Friday, All!

David Nelson






All Original Content © 2014, The MENTOR Enterprises / ELMS, All Rights Reserved. BUT, I hereby waive those rights, to this extent: You may freely copy and pass this along -- and are urged to do so -- as long as it's all done free of charge, unchanged, you include this statement, AND you inform me as to how it is being used -- at YOUR convenience but, hopefully soonest.

No comments:

Post a Comment